The Black to the Future Action Fund is a 501(c)4 that works to transform Black communities into constituencies that build Black political power in cities and states. We work to enact policy that improves the lives of Black people, and to elect Black legislators with progressive values who move progressive policies. Together, we work to ensure that Black people have what all people deserve–dignity, safety, and power.
Building Political Power
For us, building Black political power isn’t just about electing Black people to office, nor is it sufficient to merely have Black people at the tables where decisions are being made. For us, building power is building our ability to:
- Determineour own circumstances, and the circumstances of others
- Shapethe story of who we are as Black people, and who we can be
- Determinewhere resources are distributed, and to whom
- Determinewhat is right and wrong, just and unjust
- Rewardwhen our political agenda, rooted in our values, is upheld, and mobilize consequences when our political agenda is challenged or undermined
What We Do
Black to the Future Action Fund is a think tank / act tank that works to make Black communities powerful in politics. We build our capacity to design, win, and implement changes to the problems we face. We expand and protect democracy, and fight for our democracy to work for us.
We work to educate our communities on the issues that are important to us, and what the people we elect to represent us are doing on those issues.
We build the capacity of our communities to advocate for ourselves and develop the solutions needed to solve the problems we face.