Join the Black to the Future Action Fund Team
ELECTORAL SERVICES DATA SPECIALIST
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
The Electoral Services Data Specialist is responsible for fulfilling the research and electoral needs of the Field, Communications, Policy, and Political Directors as requested. The position will report to the Political Director and will manage field data, list maintenance, and analytics on behalf of the Lab and Action Fund. This role will work across departments to support work including voter contact programs, issue and advocacy campaigns, voter registration, and volunteer list management. Additionally, the position will help test and understand analytics, data, and its impact on the electoral and organizing space that BFL and B2F occupies.
This position is remote.
Pay for this position is commensurate with experience and responsibilities. The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000. This position includes medical, dental benefits, sick time holidays, and a generous paid vacation. This position is full-time, salaried, and exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting/Technical Support
- Manage and enhance volunteer recruitment databases, virtual predictive dialers, web based programs, and sms messaging programs
- Manages lists and turf for all paid and volunteer direct voter contact methods including canvassing, phones, and sms messaging
- Provides back-end user support for Every Action, Impactive, Capitol Canary (previously Phone2Action), and all other online tools utilized by BFL/B2F
- Work with organizational staff, partners, vendors, consultants, and others for the acquisition, enhancement, and management of voter and supporter data.
- Communicate data analysis through oral and written reports and creative visualization
Analytics and Research:
- Supports with the conception and implementation of polls, surveys, focus groups, etc
- Project manage the development of analytic resources for organizing and political staff, including:
- Return-on-investment analysis on program
- Provides guidance and support to the Field and Political Directors to implement best practices in the field including support for strategic targeting and outreach
- Uses the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance issue advocacy and voter contact programs
- Support BFL/B2F program directors and our partners in ensuring that political, voter contact, and voter registration programs are maximizing shared voter file data, targeting, and other data resources
- Lead partner and organizational VAN and campaign data training
- As Assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
- Minimum of three years of campaign experience with at least one full cycle of experience with statewide data responsibilities (from planning to program implementation to analysis).
- Understand common direct voter contact programs and have experience using data to inform advocacy and electoral plans.
- Experience as a high-level user in VAN or VoteBuilder is required with at least one cycle of experience administering voter contact tools.
- High-level EveryAction database skills are strongly preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Excel is required.
- Comfortable using spreadsheets and has a working knowledge of: pivot tables, filters, text to columns, and creating simple charts
- Comfortable in presenting data in understandable ways, including visualizations, historical context, and more.
- Experience developing systems for tracking and reporting organizing, electoral, and political research
- Excellent communication and time management skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality, error-free work.
- A self-starter who can own and bring projects to completion; Demonstrated history of persistence and resourcefulness in solving technical and data problems.
- A willingness to work irregular campaign-style hours, especially during campaign season
- Flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing technology
- Comfortable working with a diverse set of stakeholders in one-on-one meetings and group settings.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated track record of movement leadership with Black communities
- Demonstrated track record of successfully integrated voter engagement campaigns
- Demonstrated organizing experience, minimum two years preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to relate, establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Comfortable with non-traditional routes to mobilizing, organizing, fundraising, and leadership development
- A nuanced understanding of the current and historical Black organizing political landscape.
- Ability to connect with and move Black leaders, activists, and people from different communities.
- A strong ability to motivate people, develop staff and leaders, and delegate responsibility
Please send a resume and cover letter using the apply button at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c858a322-00a0-4526-9713-59699ec1e4bf&ccId=9200104414316_2&jobId=442032&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Applications received via email or outside of the application portal will not be considered.
Black Futures Lab and Black to the Future Action Fund contract with Resilient Strategies LLC for backend and operational support including hiring and employment. Resilient Strategies LLC is equal opportunity, affirmative action employers. Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply. Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.